Sunday, May 8, 2011

A phantom or a Friend-The Cyber Betrayal

.....Titi titik.. ...  Nothing astonishing, it was a new sms in my person.com account but this time it was a new chat request. "Hi, how are you and where are you chatting from?", read the message. It was from someone called 'sazaluvu'. 'Hello, I am khamsel chatting from Thimphu', I replied.  After  an hour of exchange of information, we became a close chat mates. We got into yahoo messenger to have a live chat then.

A few days later, I happened to proceed on tour. Our chat in person.com and yahoo messenger became technically obsolete. We started chatting through our cell phones. After completing my tour, I was at Gelephu, on my way back to Thimphu when I got a call from my chat mate asking me to visit her while returning home. While I could not accept to visit her, I could neither deny her request. Finally, I decided to visit her.

But where was that place she was asking me to come? Oooops! "M/gang"- a place which was some 30 minutes drive down slope from the National Highway. I would surely give her a surprise I thought. Did she really say she was working in a school at M/gang? Certainly she said that. So I got near the school and started dialing her. Despite repeated calls, there was no response from the other end. Frustrated and confused, I turned my way back.

I started giving a well justified thoughts then. What if I met with someone terrifying? Or else, if she was speaking from somewhere far away from that place but fooling me to divert my journey to that place. She must be a phantom. She isn't there anyway. The ultimatum was a cyber betrayal.


2 comments:

  1. Writing is a beautiful journey of self-discovery.

    Wishing you a wonderful one Tshering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dasho, have just started to discover the truth & charm of writing.

    ReplyDelete